I made these tonight, and I got a lot of "Thank you for the yummy dinner"-s. They were super simple to put together, quick and yummy.
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I used 2 cans of canned chicken)
1 (10 oz) can mild enchilada sauce (I used 6 small packets of taco sauce from Taco Bell)
1 cup shredded cheese (your choice of type)
2 Tbsp. minced onion
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies (optional)
1 tsp. garlic salt
3/4 cup vegetable oil
24 corn tortillas
Non-stick cooking spray
1. In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients; mix well. Set aside.
2. In small skillet, heat oil. Using tongs, dip tortillas in oil, about 4 seconds on each side; drain on paper towels. Keep warm.
3. Place 2 tablespoons chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll jelly roll fashion. Place seam side down on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until desired crispness. Good dipped in salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
*Make the mixture to your family's pleasing--I don't think my kids would have liked it as much if I put a lot of enchilada sauce in it--so I put a few Taco Bell packets in it. I like diced green chilies, but left them out for the sake of my kids. It was really simple to make the mixture how we like....just start with the chicken and cheese, and add the rest as desired. This is NO FAIL!!
Monday, August 24, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
This is a great recipe. I like the variation with the blended oatmeal. It's a nice flavor for sure. Enjoy!
1 cup butter
2 cup flour
1 tsp. soda
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups blended oatmeal
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
4 Hershey bars, grated
12 oz. chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups nuts (optional)
1. Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs.
2. Blend oatmeal in the blender until a powder. Add to wet ingredients and add the rest of the ingredients.
3. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Makes 60+ cookies!!