8 oz. elbow macaroni
2 cups milk
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. onion salt
4 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (use different types of cheddar for a great taste)
1 cup soft plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup butter
1. COOK macaroni according to package directions; drain well. Set aside.
2. PLACE milk, flour, and onion salt in a quart (mason) jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously 1 minute.
3. STIR together flour mixture, 3 1/2 cups cheese, and macaroni.
4. POUR macaroni mixture into a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish or 2 (11 inch) oval baking dishes.
5. Sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs and remaining 1 cup cheese; drizzle evenly with melted butter.