My friend, Lori, made this for us up at our Girls Weekend in Winter Park. We all take turns making meals, and this was simply delicious. I made it tonight for the family, and it was just as delicious as I remembered it! Thanks Lori!
prep time: 15 min.
ready in: 45 min.
9 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup + 4 Tbsp. flour
4 1/2 cups chicken broth
4 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
3 cups fresh broccoli
3/4 lb. Velveeta, cut into small cubes
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Cook/Steam broccoli until it is tender, but not mushy. At this point, you can use a food chopper to make into very small bits of broccoli, or leave as larger florets. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat, and mix in the flour. Reduce heat and cook, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes.
3. Mix in the broth and milk. Add the salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, for about 10 minutes.
4. Slowly, mix in the Velveeta and cheddar until melted.
5. Add in the broccoli and continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
**Serve with your favorite rolls or fresh home made bread! Yum!