This dinner is excellent. It takes longer than most of my dishes, but it is WELL worth it. I love that I have the ingredients on hand almost always, and I love that my kids will yum this down without a fight!
8-11 chicken breast tenderloins or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 1/4 cup cornstarch
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup oil (I use olive oil but any veggie oil will do)
1 1/2 cup sugar
6 Tbsp. ketchup
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1. Cut up chicken into small bite size pieces. Coat them in cornstarch and then dip them in beaten egg.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the coated chicken in skillet and cook until nicely browned.
3. Meanwhile, mix together the sauce ingredients--whisking together all the ingredients.
4. When then chicken is browned, place chicken in a large greased baking dish, 9x13" or 9x15".
5. Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake in a 325* oven for 55 minutes.
Serve over rice and with your favorite veggie! Delish!