Thursday, April 17, 2008

crock pot chicken tacos

My sister-in-law, Summer, shared this recipe with her recipe club. I tried it today and it was VERY simple to put together in the crock pot. It was a winner with my family. They all ate it--all of it. Very very yummy. Simple to make, yummy to eat. It passes our test.

Sara served them with Navajo Fry Bread (recipe below)

ingredients:
2-3 chicken breasts (you can use 7 or so chicken breast tenders)
1 can chicken broth
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 cup salsa
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained

Place the above ingredients in the crock pot on high for 3-4 hours on HIGH. Just before serving shred chicken and add:

1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheese

It will be runny. I like to fry up scones and make navajo tacos. I take them out of the freezer just before frying and put them in the microwave for 30 sec. to thaw. Then stretch them and fry 'em up...Or serve in taco shells or flour tortillas. My husband eats it like soup so you could try that too.

Top with: Cheese, Lettuce, tomatoes, onions, salsa, avocados, or anything else that sounds good.
Share:

1 comments:

Moose and Family said...

Thank You!! Thank You!! We tried this tonight and it was a hit with my family. The hubby gave 2 thumbs up and the kids ate it up too. It was so easy, smelled good while cooking, and we will definitely make it again.