8 oz. cream cheese*
16 oz. sour cream*
1 lb. hamburger or ground turkey
large jar or can of spaghetti sauce
1 package of spaghetti noodles (I use Angel Hair)
16 oz. mozzarella cheese*
1. Cook the noodles and set aside to cool--but keep moist.
2. Bring cream cheese and sour cream to room temperature and mix well with beaters.
3. Grate the cheese and set aside (or buy grated).
4. Brown hamburger/turkey and simmer in spaghetti sauce for several minutes.
5. Spray a 9x13 pan. Put the cream cheese/sour cream mixture on the bottom of your casserole dish.
6. Layer noodles, then meat sauce, then mozzarella. Repeat once more. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
*Lower-fat options: use 1/3 less fat cream cheese, lite sour cream, park-skim mozzarella
I usually end up wanting this a little more saucy, so I use one can/jar of sauce with the meat, then another 1/3 can/jar of sauce over the top before the final layer of cheese. Optional!