Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Oatmeal Fruit* Bar

I hate having to "watch what I eat"...these were delicious and I SO wanted to gobble down several. I contained myself to a small bite...ugh! Very Very Tasty, and a great dessert option. She made it with apricot preserves, and it was great, but it would be fabulous with ANY of your fruit favorite preserves. Thanks (again) Lisa!


ingredients:
1 1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 cup quick oats
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup melted butter

directions:
1. Make the crumb and crust mixture by combining the above ingredients in a mixing bowl.

2. Grease a 9x13" pan and press all but 1 cup (save out) crumbs into the pan.

3. Spread 10 oz. preserves over the crust to within 1/2" of edge. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture and 1/2 cup coconut.

4. Bake at 350 for 22-27 minutes until edges become golden brown.
*These would be great served warm with a small scoop of ice cream on top. Yum!
Share:

0 comments: