Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Easy Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas

I tried this recipe tonight. It took only 10 minutes to prepare. I had all the ingredients on hand and it was yummy! It's a Campbell's Soup recipe.

ingredients:
1 can cream of chicken soup (can use %98 fat free)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup picante sauce
2 tsp. chili powder (I used a bit less for the kids' sake)
2 cups chopped cooked chicken (I used 2 Kirkland canned chicken)
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (cheddar would work fine too)
6 flour tortillas (6"), warmed (there was enough chicken mixture for me to make 8 enchiladas)
1 small tomato, chopped (for garnish--I left out)
1 green onion, sliced (for garnish--I left out)

directions:
1. Stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl.

2. Stir 1 cup picante sauce mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl. (I left the cheese out of this part and just sprinkled cheese into each enchilada as I was assembling).

3. Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place them in a 11x13 baking dish. Pour the remaining picante sauce mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish.

4. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with the tomato and onion.
Share:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know - I made this for my family last night, and we all LOVED it. We loved it so much, I put it on the menu for next week too. Thank you so much for posting this delicious recipe. :-)