We got us some peaches. Actually, 40 lbs! They are the best, most delicious peaches I've ever had. We ate several, canned most of them, but we saved a few out for desserts. My sister-in-law gave me a recipe and I had also found one online that people raved about. This is a conglomeration of both recipes. Very easy, and after this, you'll never need to look for another fresh peach pie recipe. YUM! Thanks Summer and the WWW for this fabulous recipe!
1 baked pie crust, single layered
2 fresh peaches, skinned, pitted and mashed/pureed
3/4 to 1 cup sugar (less sugar for peaches that are more ripe)
1/2 cup water
4 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 dash nutmeg
2 dashes cinnamon
4 fresh peaches, skinned, pitted and sliced into 8ths
1. Cook the pie crust, docking well to avoid bubbles. Let cool.
2. In a medium saucepan, add peaches, water, butter, sugar and cornstarch. Bring to boil and cook for apx. 5 minutes. Stir in vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon.
3. Refrigerate glaze until cool. It will get to a gelatinous consistency.
4. Spread the glaze in the bottom of the cooked pie crust. Arrange freshly sliced peaches over the glaze.
5. Serve with whipped cream (optional).