We tried this last night and it turned out fabulous. It was less cake-like and more roll-like. But with the ease of a cake and not waiting for dough to rise, etc. etc. My daughter and I put this together, and it has been very much enjoyed! I'll for sure make this again. I'm thinking, it would be really good in the Dutch Oven too while camping!
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 cups powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9x13" glass baking pan with non-stick spray.
2. For cake: In a mixer, add all the "cake" ingredients (except butter): flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Once combined well, slowly stir in the melted butter. Pour into the baking pan.
3. For struesel: In a medium-large bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, flour and sugar together until creamy. Make large drops of the struesel onto the cake batter. Take a knife and swirl it through until it is marble-like.
4. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out NEARLY clean.
5. For glaze: In a medium bowl, mix together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla with a whisk. Drizzle over warm cake.
Serve warm or at room temperature.