I thought I'd make it in a quick pinch. I upped the size of the recipe, and added a few things. It was YUMMY! Made in 15 minutes, oven for 15 minutes. Voila! Enjoy!
3 cups uncooked macaroni
24 oz. (3/4 full box) Velveeta (or generic)
3/4 cup milk (I used 1/2 cup fat-free, 1/4 cup cream)
1 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar, your choice though)
1 cup panko crumbs or bread crumbs
3 Tbsp. butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Cook the macaroni according to the package directions. Drain completely.
2. Cut the cheese (ha ha) into 1" squares. Place in a medium size microwave safe bowl. Add the milk.
3. Melt the cheese/milk in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove and stir. Melt the cheese for an additional 3 minutes. Take out and continue to stir until the cheese is melted.
4. Pour the cheese over the cooked pasta and stir together. Place in 9x13" baking dish.
5. Toss together the shredded cheese, panko/bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle over the macaroni and cheese.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.