Wednesday, December 17, 2008

4-Star Brownies

Today, I have a holiday party to go to for one of my kids' class. I signed up to bring brownies. Of course, I look in my cabinet and find NO box mix of brownies. Ugh! Well, I have cocoa, and other baking items, so I'll do it the old-fashioned way. They turned out surprisingly good! Why only 4 stars and not 5...because a 5-star brownie for me is thick, a little gooey, warm, laced with caramel. This is a good basic brownie that you can make from scratch! Yummy and good with milk.

ingredients:
1 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup walnuts or chocolate chips (or both)

directions:
1. Melt the butter (or margarine). In a mixer (or with a hand mixer) mix all the ingredients in the order above.

2. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes in a 9x13" greased pan.

*You may frost them, but it isn't needed. You can even dust the brownies with powdered sugar (for presentation).

*Next time, we're going to try making it with Dark cocoa powder, as we love the richness of dark chocolate.
Share:

0 comments: