We had this at a friend's house not too long ago. I got the main idea from her, and then came home and put it together as best as I could. It turned out great! (Thanks Ann for the great meal) I'm making it again tonight. I think it has found its way into our dinner rotation. Quick, easy and yummy (my 3 requirements for an inductee to our "dinner rotation").
12 corn tortillas
1-2 cups cut up or shredded chicken (left over chicken or canned chicken is great)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (98% fat free)
2 cups sour cream (I use light)
1/2 4 oz. can of diced green chillies (or if you really like chillies, use the whole can)
1 cup shredded mozzarella or jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl, mix all of the above ingredients together EXCEPT the cheese.
3. Place 4 tortillas on the bottom of dish. Spread half of the cream/chicken mixture on this layer. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of the cheese over the cream/chicken mixture.
4. Again, place 4 more tortillas, mixture, and cheese (repeating above step). Finish with 4 tortillas on the top and your last 1/3 cup of cheese sprinkled.
5. Cover with foil. Cook for 40 minutes on 350.
This serves a family of 6 (2 adults 4 kids) well. For a larger group, double the recipe (but only use 3 cups sour cream) and place in a 9x13 size baking dish.
You can serve this alone, or over some tortilla chips (which was how we had it the first time at Ann's and since).