Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Chili

This Chili was awesome. I actually found it on the internet a while ago and finally tried it last night. They say that it's "Wendy's" chili recipe. I made a few minor changes to it. This is probably the best chili I've ever eaten, and especially ever made.


ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. browned sausage
2, 15-oz. cans tomato sauce
2, 15-oz. cans kidney beans (with liquid)
2, 15 oz. cans pinto beans (with liquid)
1 cup diced onion (I minced mine up to smithereens as we're not fans of big onion chunks)
1/2 cup diced green chilies (2 chilies) OR 1 small can diced green chilies
1/4 cup celery stalk (1 stalk)
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
2 tsp. cumin powder
3 Tbsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups water

directions:
*You'll need a 6 qt. pot, dutch oven (LeCreuset type--not camping type), or crock-pot to make this. It makes a huge amount! Feed a crowd or freeze half for another meal.

1. Brown the ground beef and sausage. Drain off the fat.

2. In your large pot/dutch oven/crock-pot, combine all of the remaining ingredients.
*Crock Pot: place on high for 2 hours and low for the remaining cooking time (3-4 hours). Stir a few times .
*Pot/Dutch Oven: Bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook for 2 to 3 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.

*Serve with corn bread, crackers, or over a baked potato.

*Leftovers can be frozen for several months.
The Adults & the Kids LOVED it. Even my toddler gobbled it up!
Share:

2 comments:

sweetlittlelife said...

I just found your blog via a post on recipezaar. A lady linked to one of your recipes and I'm so glad she did. Thank you for sharing!!! I'm going to make the chicken tacos tomorrow night!

sweetlittlelife said...

I just found your blog via a recipezaar post. A woman had linked to a recipe on your blog and I'm so glad that she did! I have found so many great ideas that I plan to make soon. I'm making chicken tacos tomorrow night! Thank you for sharing.