Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chicken Scampi

I'm not exactly sure where I got this recipe...it may be from Allrecipes...but I had to pass it along. I finally tried it tonight (I've had it in my "to cook" file) for a while. Well, it did not disappoint. It is restaurant quality in my opinion. VERY good, and rather easy. The ingredients, I had in my fridge & pantry. It was very rich and yummy!

ingredients:
½ cup butter
¼ cup olive oil
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. dried basil
¼ tsp. dried oregano
6 garlic cloves, minced
¾ tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 10-12 boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins)
Optional: sliced mushrooms

directions:
1. In a skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and butter together until the butter has melted completely. Add parsley, basil, oregano, garlic and salt. Mix together. Stir in lemon juice.

2. Add the chicken into the skillet and sauté for about 3 minutes or until white. (You may need to move heat to med-high for sautéing.) Lower the heat and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Add more butter if needed.

*Serve over Angel Hair pasta with rolls/bread sticks to soak up the tasty sauce.
*Garnish with dried/grated parmesan cheese.

I'm thinking I could really easily substitue the chicken with some shrimp...Shrimp Scampi! Ummm...
Share:

0 comments: