My friend passed this recipe along to me and I tried it last night with my sewing group. It was rather tasty, and made a very nice impression. Pumpkin is devine! Thanks Lori!
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 orange's zest (optional but highly suggested!)
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon*
1/4 tsp nutmeg*
*OR 1 1/4 tsp. pumpkin spice
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Blend cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg and orange zest. Set aside.
3. Combine flour, 1 1/2 cup sugar, baking soda, salt and spices. Set aside.
4. Mix together pumpkin, melted butter, 1 egg and water. Add to flour mixture, mixing just until moist.
5. Reserve 2 cups of the pumpkin/flour batter. Grease well a bundt cake pan. Pour the non-reserved batter into the bottom of the bundt cake pan. Spoon and spread cream cheese mixture over batter. Pour and spread the reserved 2 cups of the batter over the cream cheese layer.
6. Bake for 60 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto cake plate. Dust with powdered sugar for garnish and to make it look ultra pretty!
*You can also layer this the same way in a large 9" loaf pan.