I made this for our ward Christmas party, and again on Christmas morning--it was really yummy and I don't want to lose the recipe!
1 loaf bread (any type will do, but a nice loaf of French is preffered)
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup half and half or cream
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick butter, cubed
1. Tear the bread into chunks and place them in a greased 9x13" pan.
2. Mix together eggs, milk, half and half or cream, sugar and vanilla.
3. Pour the mixture evenly over the bread.
4. In another bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
5. Add the butter and mix until the batter comes somewhat together.
6. Sprinkle the flour/sugar mixture evenly over the top of the egg-soaked bread.
7. Bake at 350* for 45-55 minutes.