Friday, March 7, 2008

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

On several occasions, I've had people's chocolate chip cookies and thought "Why don't mine ever turn out that way?" Well, last night I attended a baby shower and I found myself thinking this again. Our hostess directed me to the recipe...which happened to be from Allrecipes.com--my favorite on-line site for recipes. I thought I'd share the recipe with you too. It was rather yummy. Not too mushy, and not too crisp. Just right!

ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. hot water
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts

directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to the batter along with salt.
3. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfulls onto ungreased pans.
4. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

*The lady that made these last night said she baked them for EXACTLY 10 minutes. When she took them out they were still soft in the center, but when they cooled, they were just right and didn't taste under-done.
Share:

0 comments: