1 pkg active dry yeast (2 1/2 tsp)
1 1/4 cup warm water
3 1/4 cup bread flour
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1. Dissolve the yeast in the water in a large bowl. Add the oil, sugar and salt and 2 cups of flour, and mix with a mixer. Slowly add the remaining flour by hand until it becomes a nice dough.
2. Cover and let rise about 30 minutes. Punch batter down, and make into a loaf, placing it in a greased 9x5" loaf pan.
3. Allow the dough to rise again for about 30 minutes. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
bread machine option:
1. Dissolve the yeast and water in a bowl--pour into bread maker. Add the rest of the ingredients and let it mix on any cycle until it becomes a nice dough - usually about 6 or 7 minutes.
2. Unplug bread machine and just let the dough rise inside for the first 30 minutes. Take dough out, shape into a nice loaf, and put in a greased loaf pan. Let it rise 30 more minutes.
3. Bake in oven at 350 for 30 minutes.