These are fabulous cookies. Take a basic recipe, and added some spice to it. It is chewy and delicious. I served them to my sewing group, and they were enjoyed!! (my kids like it too ) This is a GOOD COOKIE!
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 tsp. salt
3 cups rolled oats
1 1/4 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350. Coat a cookie sheet with non-stick baking spray (the first time only).
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, lightly combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
4. Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Add the rolled oats and raisins, mixing only long enough to combine them through the batter.
5. Plop onto cookie sheet with a medium-size scoop, or spoon. Bake for apx. 10 minutes (I did 10 minutes and 30 seconds)--watching for them to be lightly golden brown. DO NOT OVER BAKE.
6. Let cool and enjoy. They will be yummy and chewy. Store in an air-tight container.