Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pink Cookies

These cookies are awesome. I got the recipe from Rebecca when I lived out in New York--she had us over and our children all got to decorate cookies. I was so happy--they tasted JUST LIKE the big pink cookies that you get in Utah. I remember buying these cookies like every day after classes at BYU--there was a certain vending machine in the Marriott Business building that sold them. So...my Freshman 5--well, this sure helped that out! Yumm!



COOKIES
Ingredients:
1 cup softened butter
2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup milk
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
4 tsp. baking powder
7 cups flour

directions:
1. Cream butter and sugar together.

2. Add and mix eggs and vanilla.

3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.

4. Roll out cookie dough on a lightly floured surface. Cut into favorite shapes and place on a lightly non-stick sprayed baking sheet.

5. Bake at pre-heated 400 degree oven for 5-6 minutes, or until very pale.
DO NOT OVERBAKE. These cookies will not puff up or "grow" much. They will be very soft if you don't overbake!




FROSTING
ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 egg whites
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
food coloring pink

directions:
1. Cream together butter and vanilla.

2. Add alternately and mix egg whites and powdered sugar.

3. Beat for 5-10 minutes with electric mixer. Frosting should be very light and fluffy.

So you know, it kind of depends on the oven you have when baking the cookies. I have sometimes put it between 375 and 400. You'll have to see how your oven cooks. The important thing is to get the cookies cooked, but definitely not over done.
Share:

1 comments:

Ducksfly2gether said...

I don't remember if I ever told you how these turned out for me. They were delicious!! I am in menu planning mode right now and hopped on your sight for something yummy!